On average, a man drowns in the UK almost every day of the year. Many simply overestimating their ability to cope if they find themselves in trouble in the water. Our task was to create a campaign that would focus male minds on the dangers of the sea without demonising it. To do this, we had to speak their language, because let's face it - men never think it'll happen to them.
Our “Respect the Water” campaign stopped men underestimating water by bringing the power and strength of water to dry land. In doing this, we helped men imagine themselves in a situation where things go disastrously wrong. Our compelling stories were highly localised and wedded to real statistics about local accidents and tragedies.
Across Facebook, Twitter, Outdoor, Radio and Ambient media we reached an estimated 21 million people in just 3 weeks, starting a new way of thinking that hopes to save lives on our coast each year.
- IMC (IPM GLOBAL) - Integrated communications - Gold
- IMC (IPM GLOBAL) - Cause, charity/non-profit marketing or social - Silver
- IPM - Not for profit, charity and public sector - Gold
- IPM - Social and personal responsibility - Gold
- IPM - Consumer Award - Won
- IPM - Brand owner of the year - Won
- IPM - Grand Prix - Won
- IPM - Art direction and copywriting - Silver
- MAA/BEST - Best creative ambient media - Merit
- DMA - Best use of experiential - Gold
- DMA - Best writing in any medium - Bronze
- DMA - Best media strategy - Bronze
- Caples - Integrated campaign - Finalist