While advertising creatives were aware of Lürzers International Archive, they weren't subscribing at optimal rates. Working with Arc UK, the magazine, which showcases advertising graphic design, sought to remind its target audience of its content with a free gift designed to create buzz and provide a memorable incentive to subscribe.
Together Lürzers and Arc developed the "Untouchable Covers," fake magazine sleeves designed as an anti-theft device that, when wrapped around a copy of Lürzers, turned the magazine into something so dull and uninspired, no one would steal it. Sleeves were given away to new subscribers.
Tons of free PR in advertising periodicals around the world, bringing in 50,000 unique clicks to the "Untouchable Covers" subscriptions page and €58,000 in additional subscriptions in under a month.
- IMC (IPM GLOBAL) - B2B - Silver
- IMC (IPM GLOBAL) - Small budget - Bronze
- IPM - A10 Media - Gold
- IPM - A13 Business to business - Gold
- IPM - F31 Small budget campaign - Gold
- IPM - F32 International campaign - Gold
- IPM - D18 Short term trial and awareness - Silver
- IPM - G33 Art Direction and Copywriting - Silver
- IPM - G34 Innovation - Silver
- D&AD - Writing for Advertising - In Book
- MAA - Best small budget campaign - Win
- MAA - Best business to business campaign - Win
- MAA - Best art direction - Win
- MAA - Best creative direct marketing - Win
- MAA - Best photography - Merit
- DMA - Best creative solution or innovation - Silver
- DMA - Best use of copy - Silver
- DMA - Best design or art direction - Gold
- DMA - Best small budget campaign - Silver
- Caples - Print collateral,n on-mail - Bronze